The mission of the Brownsburg Public Library is to offer lifelong learning for the community and patrons of the Library.
...Frequently Asked Questions...


...Library Cards


What is a Resident Library Card?


Residents of Brownsburg - Brown or Lincoln Townships - contribute taxes to the support of the Brownsburg Public Library. Property and/or business owners in these townships, who reside elsewhere, are also eligible to apply for a resident library card by presenting proof of local property and/or business ownership.


How do I get a card?


Identification with name and current address must be shown to apply for a library card. A card can be issued to any eligible applicant. Children of any age may be issued a library card. A parent’s or guardian’s signature is required on applications of all children under the age of 18. Please remember to bring identification that has your name and current address when applying for a library card.


What is a NON-RESIDENT library card?


A non-resident library card can be issued to a resident of a NON-LIBRARY taxed district. For instance, Middle, Union, and Eel River Townships do not pay library taxes. A resident of these townships may obtain a library card here by paying a non-resident fee of $85 per HOUSEHOLD per year. Semi-annual ($50 for 6 months) and quarterly ($25 for 3 months) cards are also available.


What is the PLAC or Public Library Access Card?


The PLAC is a library card that allows the holder to borrow materials from any public library in the state of Indiana. It can be issued to any state resident who holds a valid resident or non-resident library card. The current annual fee is $50. Any public library will issue your PLAC, which expires one year from the date of its issue and can be renewed annually. It is an individual card. Each library will have its own guidelines on use of a library card by a person other than the actual cardholder. Return materials borrowed to the location from which they came. You must also follow the rules of each library and assume responsibility for all materials you borrow.


Can I check out books from other Hendricks County libraries?


If you are a resident user of any public library in Hendricks County, you may get a free card from your home library and then borrow items from any of the following Hendricks County Public Libraries; Avon-Washington Township, Brownsburg, Coatesville-Clay Township, Clayton-Liberty Township, and Danville-Center Township.


What if I lose my library card?


If you have lost your library card, visit the Customer Service Desk for a replacement. A $1 fee will beassessed to replace a lost card.


...Internet Access


Can youth under 18 access the Internet?


Youth under 18 may access the Internet with parental consent. Please review our Internet Usage Policy for more information.


As a non-cardholder can I access the Internet?

In order to use the Internet, a non-cardholder should stop by our Lab Kiosk to get put onto the system.




How can I renew my materials?

Library materials may be renewed at the Customer Service Desk, by telephone, or online by using your


Patron Account (found on the Library Catalog). Most materials can be renewed unless they are on reserve for another patron.


Where should I put my materials if you are closed?


For your convenience, materials may be deposited in the outside drop box. All materials deposited in the outside drop box after hours will be processed the next business day and will be assessed any applicable fines. If the library is closed due to inclement weather, no fines will be assessed on books due back on that day.


2014-2018 Strategic Plan